FRANKFORT, Ind. (AP) — A central Indiana woman has been sentenced to 45 years in prison for killing her 96-year-old great aunt.
A Clinton County judge sentenced 69-year-old Linda Decker on Monday in Betty Wann’s killing. She had pleaded guilty to murder last month.
Wann was found dead in her Frankfort home in September 2016 with sharp, blunt-force injuries to her head, face, chest and neck.
A trail of blood led officers from Wann’s home to Decker’s next-door residence, to a washing machine and a couch where Decker slept.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
Police said Decker had scratches on her body, and officers found bloody clothes, gloves and DNA evidence linking her to the killing.
WLFI-TV reports police found a ledger showing that Decker owed Wann thousands of dollars and was a beneficiary in Wann’s will.
Information from: WLFI-TV, http://www.wlfi.com/