RUSHVILLE, Ind. (AP) — State authorities say they are investigating the death of a jail inmate in central Indiana.
The Indiana State Police said in a release the Rush County Sheriff’s Department sought the probe related to the Friday morning death of 30-year-old Shane Koors in the county jail. He was arrested on a warrant after a Franklin County traffic stop and taken to jail.
Officials say Koors had a medical problem and was taken by ambulance to a hospital, where he died.
An autopsy has been performed and results are pending.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A ‘liberty’ rebellion in Idaho threatens to undermine coronavirus orders
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson moved to intensive care VIEW
- Coronavirus death toll: Americans are almost certainly dying of COVID-19 but being left out of the official count
- Trump sees limits of presidency in avoiding blame for virus
- Great Barrier Reef suffers its most widespread mass bleaching event on record