PITTSBORO, Ind. (AP) — Police say a man and a woman who were fatally shot in a small central Indiana town died in a murder-suicide.
Major Scott King of the Pittsboro Police Department says a juvenile met officers Saturday at the home in the town just northwest of Indianapolis. Inside, police found the bodies of 59-year-old Craig Chesser and his 39-year-old wife, Chasity Chesser.
Police said in a statement Sunday that the evidence indicates Craig Chesser fatally shot his wife before taking his own life.
King says the department had no record of prior runs to the home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Florida man filming sunrise killed when sand dune collapses
The Indianapolis Star reports officers found four children, ages 9, 11, 13 and 17, inside and all were unharmed.
Child services officials responded to the scene and the children have been placed with relatives.
Information from: The Indianapolis Star, http://www.indystar.com