CROWN POINT, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say a northwestern Indiana died in a work-related accident when building materials apparently toppled onto him.
The Lake County coroner’s office says 23-year-old Kelly S. Davaney Jr. was pronounced dead Monday from blunt force trauma at Nick’s Building Materials in Crown Point.
The (Northwest Indiana) Times reports police said that it appears building materials at the business toppled onto the Crown Point man.
The fatal accident remains under investigation and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration has been contacted to investigate the incident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
Information from: The Times, http://www.nwitimes.com