CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Transportation Security Administration says an Indiana man has been cited after officers found a loaded handgun in his bag at a North Carolina airport checkpoint.
A news release says the man was at a checkpoint at Charlotte Douglas International Airport on Tuesday when a loaded Glock Model 42 .380 caliber pistol was detected on the x-ray machine.
The TSA officer contacted the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, which responded to the checkpoint. The passenger was questioned and cited for carrying a weapon on airport property.
It’s the third time TSA officers have detected firearms at Charlotte Douglas checkpoints in 2018. Last year. TSA found 68 firearms at the airport checkpoints.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination