CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Transportation Security Administration says an Indiana man has been cited after officers found a loaded handgun in his bag at a North Carolina airport checkpoint.
A news release says the man was at a checkpoint at Charlotte Douglas International Airport on Tuesday when a loaded Glock Model 42 .380 caliber pistol was detected on the x-ray machine.
The TSA officer contacted the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, which responded to the checkpoint. The passenger was questioned and cited for carrying a weapon on airport property.
It’s the third time TSA officers have detected firearms at Charlotte Douglas checkpoints in 2018. Last year. TSA found 68 firearms at the airport checkpoints.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood