INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana’s governor is directing that flags be lowered to half-staff across the state in honor of the Florida school shooting victims.
Gov. Eric Holcomb’s office says his order calls for flags to remain lowered until sunset Monday and asked for businesses and residents to do the same.
The attack Wednesday afternoon in Parkland, Florida, killed 17 people and wounded several others. A 19-year-old former student with a troubled past and his own AR-15 rifle has been charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder.
Members of the Indiana House of Representatives opened their Thursday session by standing for a moment of silence.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- House condemns Trump 'racist' tweets in extraordinary rebuke VIEW
- Diver stumbles upon a giant jellyfish as big as she is: Watch the video
- Here are the Republicans who broke with their party and other takeaways from the vote on Trump’s language
- Notre-Dame came far closer to collapsing than anybody knew VIEW
- Prosecutors want Mexican megachurch leader held without bail VIEW