INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana’s governor is directing that flags be lowered to half-staff across the state in honor of the Florida school shooting victims.
Gov. Eric Holcomb’s office says his order calls for flags to remain lowered until sunset Monday and asked for businesses and residents to do the same.
The attack Wednesday afternoon in Parkland, Florida, killed 17 people and wounded several others. A 19-year-old former student with a troubled past and his own AR-15 rifle has been charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder.
Members of the Indiana House of Representatives opened their Thursday session by standing for a moment of silence.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
- Under right terms, Kavanaugh accuser may testify after all WATCH