INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana’s governor is directing that flags be lowered to half-staff across the state in honor of the Florida school shooting victims.
Gov. Eric Holcomb’s office says his order calls for flags to remain lowered until sunset Monday and asked for businesses and residents to do the same.
The attack Wednesday afternoon in Parkland, Florida, killed 17 people and wounded several others. A 19-year-old former student with a troubled past and his own AR-15 rifle has been charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder.
Members of the Indiana House of Representatives opened their Thursday session by standing for a moment of silence.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Democrats subpoena Mueller report amid calls for impeachment
- 3 climbers presumed dead after Banff avalanche
- Man angry about virginity pleads guilty to threatening women
- A portrait of the White House and its culture of chaos, dishonesty VIEW
- Key takeaways from Robert Mueller's Russia report VIEW