INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A central Indiana church says 11 children who were hurt in a van crash are recovering from their injuries.
Trinity Park United Methodist Church in Greenfield said Saturday afternoon that most of the children have been released from the hospital. The rest were expected to be discharged by the end of the day.
While the injuries were non-life threatening, some children suffered broken bones, church officials said.
Greenfield Police Chief Jeff Rasche said Friday that all 11 children were transported to hospitals in Greenfield and Indianapolis. Two adults were also hurt in the crash.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
Rasche says the crash involved two other vehicles. Police are conducting an investigation of how the crash happened.
The church is asking for prayers for the children and adults who were injured.