TORONTO (AP) — Police say an India-bound Air Canada flight was diverted back to Toronto after a man assaulted a flight attendant.
Police said Jaskaran Sidhu was arrested when the plane landed at Toronto Pearson International Airport early Wednesday. The 47-year-old Alberta man allegedly assaulted the flight attendant when the plane was over the Atlantic Ocean.
The flight is now scheduled to leave Pearson International Airport at noon EST.
Sidhu has been charged with assault causing bodily harm, endangering the safety of an aircraft and two counts of mischief.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Mass. COVID-19 outbreak mostly infected the vaccinated, CDC finds; few needed hospitalization
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- 'The war has changed': Internal CDC document urges new messaging, warns delta infections likely more severe
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Another coronavirus variant has reached Florida. Here's what you need to know.
He was scheduled to appear in a Brampton, Ontario, court later Wednesday.