BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Incumbent Republican state Sen. Fred Martin has won Boise’s District 15 following a recount.
The Ada County elections officials on Wednesday said Martin won the Nov. 6 election by 11 votes over Democratic challenger Jim Bratnober.
Officials say the recount ended up with a total of 17,883 votes, with Martin getting 8,947 to Bratnober’s 8,936.
Initial tallies before the recount had Martin winning by a six-vote margin out of 17,890 votes cast. That was well under the 17-votes-or-fewer threshold for a free recount.
Most Read Stories
- Snohomish County man has the United States’ first known case of Wuhan coronavirus
- 5 of the Seattle area's most changed neighborhoods: We crunched the data on population, income, jobs
- 'We were before our time': Remembering the fight to change King County's namesake from a slave owner to a civil-rights leader VIEW
- Did the Seahawks make a mistake by letting Richard Sherman go?
- How white families with young children can work to undo racism
Martin in a statement says it’s important for elected officials to represent all constituents. He says that’s especially true in his race because of the closeness of the election.