BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Incumbent Republican state Sen. Fred Martin has won Boise’s District 15 following a recount.
The Ada County elections officials on Wednesday said Martin won the Nov. 6 election by 11 votes over Democratic challenger Jim Bratnober.
Officials say the recount ended up with a total of 17,883 votes, with Martin getting 8,947 to Bratnober’s 8,936.
Initial tallies before the recount had Martin winning by a six-vote margin out of 17,890 votes cast. That was well under the 17-votes-or-fewer threshold for a free recount.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- People dumped their pets into lakes, officials say. Now football-size goldfish are taking over.
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Free money for all? Mayors hope local tests bring big change
- Man with coronavirus disguises as wife on Indonesian flight
Martin in a statement says it’s important for elected officials to represent all constituents. He says that’s especially true in his race because of the closeness of the election.