BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — The mayor of Burlington is touting his endorsements in his run for re-election to a third term in office.
Democratic Mayor Miro Weinberger held a press conference Monday to announce his recent endorsements. WCAX-TV reports a number of labor unions, student groups and state and city legislators have given their support to Weinberger.
Republican City Councilor Kurt Wright endorsed Weinberger, saying he sees eye-to-eye with him on certain issues, while differing in opinion on many other issues.
Weinberger is running against independent Carina Driscoll, the stepdaughter of independent U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders, and independent candidate Infinite Culcleasure. Driscoll was previously endorsed by the Vermont Progressive Party.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.
- As he plans July Fourth gala, Trump still owes $7 million in inauguration costs to D.C.
- Severed head of prehistoric wolf found in Siberia, perfectly preserved
- Court's conservatives overturn precedent; liberals ask 'which cases the court will overrule next'
- Snake stows away in bag for trip to Hawaii from Florida
Information from: WCAX-TV, http://www.wcax.com