OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The incoming leader of the Oklahoma Senate has selected his top lieutenants for the upcoming legislative session.
Senate President Pro Tempore-designate Greg Treat announced Wednesday he picked Sen. Kim David of Porter as the majority floor leader. Floor leader IS the No. 2 post in the Senate and manages and schedules the daily business of the Senate. David previously served as chair of the powerful Senate Appropriations Committee.
Treat also announced that Roger Thompson of Okemah will take over David’s previous role as chair of the Appropriations Committee.
Treat is an Oklahoma City Republican. His Senate GOP colleagues tapped him in March to replace outgoing Senate President Pro Tempore Mike Schulz, who is term-limited.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hawaii authorities say 33 swimmers were harassing dolphins WATCH
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- California reparations amount, if any, left to politicians
- ‘We’re going away’: A state’s choice to forgo Medicaid funds is killing hospitals VIEW