Is "In Dog We Trust" your motto?
Is “In Dog We Trust” your motto?
If so, a sheriff’s office in Florida has a rug for you. The Pinellas County sheriff’s office said Thursday it will auction off a rug that had “In Dog We Trust” on it instead of “In God We Trust.”
The forest green rug with the sheriff’s gold badge was in the entrance area for a couple of months when the error was discovered Wednesday by a deputy.
Proceeds from the auction will go to Canine Estates, a local animal rescue organization.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Cambridge Analytica database identified Black U.S. voters as ripe for 'deterrence,' British broadcaster says
- Trump’s taxes show chronic losses and years of income tax avoidance WATCH
- Record temperatures lure 'heat tourists' to Death Valley National Park
- Tax records reveal how ‘Apprentice’ fame gave Trump a $427 million lifeline
- Andrew Jackson: populist war hero and no fan of paper money
Pinellas Sheriff Bob Gualtieri says he wanted to put the rug on the auction block because the story garnered so much attention.
The rug was initially valued at $500.
Bidding had already far surpassed that. The auction closes Wednesday.
On the Web: www.onlineauction.com/auction/2076173
Follow Tamara Lush on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tamaralush