Is "In Dog We Trust" your motto?
Is “In Dog We Trust” your motto?
If so, a sheriff’s office in Florida has a rug for you. The Pinellas County sheriff’s office said Thursday it will auction off a rug that had “In Dog We Trust” on it instead of “In God We Trust.”
The forest green rug with the sheriff’s gold badge was in the entrance area for a couple of months when the error was discovered Wednesday by a deputy.
Proceeds from the auction will go to Canine Estates, a local animal rescue organization.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'White lives matter' rally goers are vastly outnumbered in Huntington Beach
- Reports: Man kills self after standoff at Honolulu hotel
- CVS welcomes desperate vaccine hunters looking for second dose
- A possible QAnon slip-up suggests the truth of Q's identity was right there all along
- Why rashes that follow COVID vaccines could be a 'good thing'
Pinellas Sheriff Bob Gualtieri says he wanted to put the rug on the auction block because the story garnered so much attention.
The rug was initially valued at $500.
Bidding had already far surpassed that. The auction closes Wednesday.
On the Web: www.onlineauction.com/auction/2076173
Follow Tamara Lush on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tamaralush