LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Little Rock police say the body of an Illinois man who had traveled to Arkansas for a wedding has been pulled from the Arkansas River.
Officers said 28-year-old Brennen Willis of O’Fallon, Illinois, disappeared late Saturday after leaving his hotel for a jog. Police said someone reported seeing a body Monday behind the Old State House Museum.
Police spokesman Steve Moore said an ID card found on the body matched Willis and that the body was clad in the same green shorts in which Willis was last seen.
A cause of death wasn’t immediately released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Body of missing famed U.S. extreme skier recovered in Nepal
- What are ultra-processed foods? What should I eat instead?
- Fact check: The false claim that Senate GOP seeks ‘to end Social Security and Medicare’
- U.S. mountaineer’s body found two days after avalanche on peak in Nepal
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?