IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (AP) — The parent organization of an Idaho suicide prevention organization will shut down in March but nine local chapters spread around the state will continue operating under different names.
Jeni Griffin is executive director of the Suicide Prevention Action Network. She tells the Idaho State Journal that it’s difficult raising donations and she didn’t want to compete with local chapters.
She says the parent organization carries liability insurance for the chapters and provides accounting and tax services.
Griffin says the local chapters will have to take on those responsibilities and others.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Deadly fungus spread rapidly during the pandemic, CDC says
- Are allergies making you tired, or is it COVID … or something else?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Miami Beach struggles with spring break violence, big crowds VIEW
- How immune are we? Why knowing this is essential for post-pandemic life
Information from: Idaho State Journal, http://www.journalnet.com