BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Officials say the renovated Idaho State Museum had more than 1,000 visitors for its grand re-opening last weekend.
Idaho State Historical Society Executive Director Janet Gallimore said in a prepared statement on Monday that it was gratifying to see so many people take advantage of the educational resource that is the museum.
The museum underwent a $17 million renovation, adding roughly 18,000 square feet to the Boise building that was originally built in the 1950s.
The museum includes more than 500 artifacts and more than 40 multi-media exhibits.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- 2-for-1: Total lunar eclipse comes with supermoon bonus VIEW
- 'Sister Wives' family makes home in inclusive Arizona city
- Democrats reject, conservatives deride Trump's 'non-starter' of a border wall deal