BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Officials say the renovated Idaho State Museum had more than 1,000 visitors for its grand re-opening last weekend.
Idaho State Historical Society Executive Director Janet Gallimore said in a prepared statement on Monday that it was gratifying to see so many people take advantage of the educational resource that is the museum.
The museum underwent a $17 million renovation, adding roughly 18,000 square feet to the Boise building that was originally built in the 1950s.
The museum includes more than 500 artifacts and more than 40 multi-media exhibits.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Mueller reveals Trump's attempts to choke off Russia probe VIEW
- District of Columbia houses homeless people in upscale apartments. It hasn't gone as planned.
- Here's the redacted Mueller report and what you need to know about it
- Opioid users call kratom a godsend. The FDA says it’s a menace.
- Man angry about virginity pleads guilty to threatening women