POCATELLO, Idaho (AP) — Idaho State athletic director Jeff Tingey has been placed on administrative leave by the school, but no reason was given.
The school says President Kevin Satterlee felt it was in the best interest of the university to place Tingey on administrative leave.
The Idaho State Journal said Tingey will continue to receive his $150,000 annual salary until his contract expires in June 2019.
Tingey declined to comment when contacted by the newspaper.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- Trump threatens shutdown in wild encounter with Democrats WATCH
- Pelosi gives Trump an earful, questions 'manhood' in private WATCH
Idaho State University spokesman Stuart Summers says the school is not considering any disciplinary action against Tingey.
Tingey has been the school’s athletic director since 2009.