POCATELLO, Idaho (AP) — Idaho State athletic director Jeff Tingey has been placed on administrative leave by the school, but no reason was given.
The school says President Kevin Satterlee felt it was in the best interest of the university to place Tingey on administrative leave.
The Idaho State Journal said Tingey will continue to receive his $150,000 annual salary until his contract expires in June 2019.
Tingey declined to comment when contacted by the newspaper.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump administration to expand its power to deport undocumented immigrants
- Wray says FBI has recorded about 100 domestic terrorism arrests in fiscal 2019, many involving white supremacy
- Louisiana police officer on Facebook says Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ‘needs a round’
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- Your election guide to every 2020 presidential candidate, comparing policy positions
Idaho State University spokesman Stuart Summers says the school is not considering any disciplinary action against Tingey.
Tingey has been the school’s athletic director since 2009.