POCATELLO, Idaho (AP) — Idaho State athletic director Jeff Tingey has been placed on administrative leave by the school, but no reason was given.
The school says President Kevin Satterlee felt it was in the best interest of the university to place Tingey on administrative leave.
The Idaho State Journal said Tingey will continue to receive his $150,000 annual salary until his contract expires in June 2019.
Tingey declined to comment when contacted by the newspaper.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
Idaho State University spokesman Stuart Summers says the school is not considering any disciplinary action against Tingey.
Tingey has been the school’s athletic director since 2009.