BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Idaho officials have sent another 150 male inmates to be housed in Texas due to overcrowding in Idaho.
Idaho officials say the inmates arrived at the Eagle Pass Correctional Facility in Eagle Pass, Texas, on Tuesday afternoon.
Idaho officials say that 549 Idaho inmates are now housed at the facility and that an additional 151 Idaho inmates are housed at another Texas facility. The state pays about $70 per inmate per day.
The Idaho inmates have no escape history and are classified as medium- or minimum-custody level.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
Idaho is currently responsible for housing about 8,700 offenders.