GILLETTE, Wyo. (AP) — An Idaho man has been sentenced to up to 20 years in prison for impregnating a teenager.
The Gillette News Record reported Thursday that as part of his sentence, 35-year-old Timothy Duelke of Shoshone, Idaho will have to pay fines and register as a sex offender.
According to court documents, Duelke was at least 27 years old and living in Gillette when he had sex numerous times with the teen in 2009 and 2010.
Authorities uncovered the sex crimes after Idaho law enforcement contacted the Campbell County Sheriff’s Office about an unrelated case. Authorities found that Duelke’s DNA matched DNA collected from the teen’s baby, who was put up for adoption.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Large explosions rock Russian military air base in Crimea
Duelke pleaded no contest to two counts of sexual abuse of a minor. Defense attorney Jefferson Coombs sought a probationary sentence for what he called an “old crime.”
Information from: The Gillette (Wyo.) News Record, http://www.gillettenewsrecord.com