BIDDEFORD, Maine (AP) — Maine State Police are blaming excessive speed on icy roads for a 14-vehicle pileup on an interstate highway.
Police say no injuries were reported as a result of the chain reaction crash on Interstate 95 in Biddeford reported at about 7:45 p.m. Thursday.
All but one of the vehicle involved, including two tractor-trailers, had to be towed from the scene.
All northbound lanes of the highway were shut down for about 45 minutes, and the highway didn’t reopen completely until about 9:45 p.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Who is Robert Smith, the man paying off Morehouse graduates’ loans?
- Jamie Oliver's UK restaurant chain collapses into insolvency
- What is 'milkshaking?' Ask the Brits hurling drinks at right-wing candidates