POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (AP) — Transportation officials have suspended the Newburgh-Beacon commuter ferry service again because of icy conditions on the Hudson River.
The Poughkeepsie Journal reports the MTA announced it is suspending the Newburgh-Beacon ferry Tuesday. Officials cited freezing temperatures.
Poughkeepsie saw a record-breaking low of minus 10 degrees on New Year’s Day. National Weather Service meteorologist Christina Speciale attributed the cold weather blast to a “strong arctic high pressure system” affecting the area.
More information on the Newburgh-Beacon ferry service substitute bus schedule can be found at the MTA website .
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW
Information from: Poughkeepsie Journal, http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com