POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (AP) — Transportation officials have suspended the Newburgh-Beacon commuter ferry service again because of icy conditions on the Hudson River.
The Poughkeepsie Journal reports the MTA announced it is suspending the Newburgh-Beacon ferry Tuesday. Officials cited freezing temperatures.
Poughkeepsie saw a record-breaking low of minus 10 degrees on New Year’s Day. National Weather Service meteorologist Christina Speciale attributed the cold weather blast to a “strong arctic high pressure system” affecting the area.
More information on the Newburgh-Beacon ferry service substitute bus schedule can be found at the MTA website .
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
- Labrador dog named Lucy saves Oregon man from sex conviction
Information from: Poughkeepsie Journal, http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com