POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (AP) — Transportation officials have suspended the Newburgh-Beacon commuter ferry service again because of icy conditions on the Hudson River.
The Poughkeepsie Journal reports the MTA announced it is suspending the Newburgh-Beacon ferry Tuesday. Officials cited freezing temperatures.
Poughkeepsie saw a record-breaking low of minus 10 degrees on New Year’s Day. National Weather Service meteorologist Christina Speciale attributed the cold weather blast to a “strong arctic high pressure system” affecting the area.
More information on the Newburgh-Beacon ferry service substitute bus schedule can be found at the MTA website .
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
Information from: Poughkeepsie Journal, http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com