HUTCHINSON, Kan. (AP) — The 19-year-old suspect in a fatal shooting Hutchinson has pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter.
The Hutch Post reports Leo Wells was originally charged with second-degree murder in the death of 24-year-old Kenneth Thompson. He pleaded guilty to the lesser charge on Wednesday.
Investigators say Thompson was found lying in the street with several gunshot wounds on June 24.
Reno County District Attorney Keith Schroeder says the two men argued during a party and Wells left. Thompson followed Wells and taunted him, prompting Wells to pull out a gun and shoot Thompson.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- The 20-somethings who help the 70-somethings run Washington
Schroeder says when Thompson was on the ground, Wells fired more rounds at him.
Wells will be sentenced Feb. 9.
Information from: KWBW-AM, http://hutchpost.com