MIAMI (AP) — Hurricane Danny has weakened from a Category 3 to a Category 2 storm as it moves across the Atlantic far from land.
The hurricane’s maximum sustained winds late Friday had dropped slightly to 110 mph (175 kph), down from near 115 mph (185 kph) hours earlier. The U.S. National Hurricane Center says the storm is expected to weaken further in the next 48 hours and become a tropical storm sometime Sunday.
The hurricane is centered about 810 miles (1,300 kilometers) east of the Leeward Islands.
Hurricane Danny doesn’t currently pose a threat to land, but the hurricane center says those in the Leeward Islands should monitor its progress as it approaches that region.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man gets 10-year sentence for attacking and coughing on person who asked him to pull up mask
- Off-duty flight attendant detained after an in-flight struggle, Delta says
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Two Montana sweethearts were fatally shot in 1956. The case was just solved.
- AP source: Justice Dept secretly subpoenaed McGahn’s records