MEDINA, Ohio (AP) — A 21-month-old girl whose decomposed body was found in her crib in an Ohio apartment is being mourned by hundreds of people who didn’t know her but were moved by her story.
The Medina (meh-DY’-nuh) County Gazette (http://bit.ly/1Iepr6O ) reports many of those attending a Sunday night vigil in honor of young Ember Warfel wore pink and white. They prayed, released balloons and signed sympathy cards for the family.
A cable technician found the girl’s remains last week. Her father was charged with corpse abuse and held on $1 million bond.
Eric Warfel, of Medina, told police he put bags of garbage in his daughter’s room to mask the smell.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man gets 10-year sentence for attacking and coughing on person who asked him to pull up mask
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Off-duty flight attendant detained after an in-flight struggle, Delta says
- Two Montana sweethearts were fatally shot in 1956. The case was just solved.
- How many oceans does Earth have? National Geographic now says 5.
Warfel and his ex-wife had lost another daughter in March 2013 in what was ruled a “sudden unexplained infant death.”
Information from: The Medina County Gazette, http://www.medina-gazette.com