COLUMBUS, Miss. (AP) — An investigation is underway after a human skull was found in someone’s backyard in Lowndes County.
WTVA-TV reports the skull was found Tuesday at a home off Hughes Road.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant says a search of the property was conducted Wednesday to see if any other bones turn up. He plans to meet with a professor from Mississippi State University to try and determine the age and gender of the deceased.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23
Information from: WTVA-TV, http://www.wtva.com