COLUMBUS, Miss. (AP) — An investigation is underway after a human skull was found in someone’s backyard in Lowndes County.
WTVA-TV reports the skull was found Tuesday at a home off Hughes Road.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant says a search of the property was conducted Wednesday to see if any other bones turn up. He plans to meet with a professor from Mississippi State University to try and determine the age and gender of the deceased.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Trump says he'll give State of Union after shutdown ends VIEW
- Trump says he directed Sarah Sanders 'not to bother' with White House news briefings
- Trump wants to deliver State of Union next week as planned VIEW
Information from: WTVA-TV, http://www.wtva.com