COLUMBUS, Miss. (AP) — An investigation is underway after a human skull was found in someone’s backyard in Lowndes County.
WTVA-TV reports the skull was found Tuesday at a home off Hughes Road.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant says a search of the property was conducted Wednesday to see if any other bones turn up. He plans to meet with a professor from Mississippi State University to try and determine the age and gender of the deceased.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Who is Robert Smith, the man paying off Morehouse graduates’ loans?
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Morehouse College graduates’ student loans to be paid off by billionaire
- Five things to know about Morehouse donor Robert F. Smith
Information from: WTVA-TV, http://www.wtva.com