FLINTSTONE, Md. (AP) — Maryland State Police are investigating the discovery of human remains in a state forest in Allegany County.
Police said in a statement Tuesday that troopers received a report over the weekend from a person who was exploring in Green Ridge State Forest and found what he believed could be human remains.
The remains were transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Baltimore for an autopsy. State police say they cannot provide a description of the remains.
The statement says it wasn’t immediately clear how long the body had been in the woods.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump's fake accent angers Asian Americans as they veer left
- David Koch, billionaire and industrialist who funded conservatives, dies
- Trump buying Greenland seemed like a joke. Then it got ugly.
- Trump vows response to China tariffs on $75B of US goods VIEW
- Money crunch after Planned Parenthood quits federal program VIEW
An investigation is ongoing.