FLINTSTONE, Md. (AP) — Maryland State Police are investigating the discovery of human remains in a state forest in Allegany County.
Police said in a statement Tuesday that troopers received a report over the weekend from a person who was exploring in Green Ridge State Forest and found what he believed could be human remains.
The remains were transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Baltimore for an autopsy. State police say they cannot provide a description of the remains.
The statement says it wasn’t immediately clear how long the body had been in the woods.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Democrats demand investigation after report that Trump ordered Michael Cohen to lie to Congress
- As Democrats vow to investigate Trump, Mueller's office issues rare statement rebuking Cohen report
- Before Harts plunged off cliff, strain dogged Washington state family
- Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz is mulling an independent run for president in 2020
- Commuter knits a ‘rail delay scarf.’ It fetches $8,650 on eBay.
An investigation is ongoing.