WASHINGTON — Two Howard University police officers recorded dumping a patient from a wheelchair outside the university’s hospital have been fired, along with their supervisor.
The hospital said the woman was treated and discharged appropriately, but what happened next was profoundly disturbing and won’t be tolerated.
WJLA-TV broadcast a bystander’s cellphone video of the April 24 scene. It shows a male officer pushing a barefoot woman to a bus stop. Her legs are flung in the air when he stops abruptly. A female officer and another male officer watch as she tumbles to the wet sidewalk.
According to The Washington Post, union president Gabriel Adegoke says the supervisor who ordered the woman removed was fired, but the second male officer at the scene was not.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A ‘liberty’ rebellion in Idaho threatens to undermine coronavirus orders
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson moved to intensive care VIEW
- Coronavirus death toll: Americans are almost certainly dying of COVID-19 but being left out of the official count
- Trump sees limits of presidency in avoiding blame for virus
- Great Barrier Reef suffers its most widespread mass bleaching event on record