KATY, Texas (AP) — A 29-year-old suburban Houston man has survived being shot nine times in a robbery outside his home.
Janie Davis says she found her son, Chris Daniels, lying in the driveway and covered with blood a week ago outside their home in Katy, west of Houston. She tells Houston television station KPRC that Daniels told her he was smoking outside the home’s garage when two men walked up and demanded his wallet. He was shot during the ensuing struggle.
Daniels, a father of three who works as a diesel mechanic, is hospitalized with leg and arm wounds. Doctors also have had to remove his spleen and one of his kidneys.
Harris County sheriff’s deputies have some home surveillance video to possibly help them track down the attackers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- When she named her breakfast cafe Woke, a conservative backlash followed
- A bear in Colorado took 400 selfies. Fashion pros say they're a star
- George Santos scandal consumes Congress, chafes lawmakers on both sides of aisle
- Priscilla Presley files petition questioning validity of Lisa Marie Presley’s will
This story has been corrected to show attack occurred last week.
Information from: KPRC-TV, http://www.click2houston.com