DAVENPORT, N.Y. (AP) — Officials say two young children have died and a man is hospitalized with burns after an apartment house fire in central New York.
The fire in the rural Delaware County town of Davenport was reported shortly before 2 a.m. Friday, and eight fire departments responded. The county department of emergency services says the four-unit house was fully engulfed in flames, with reports of two children trapped in an upstairs apartment.
Officials say the children were aged 1 and 3.
The victims have not been publicly identified. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amazon dumps NYC headquarters and its promised 25,000 jobs
- Too big to sell: Airbus bids pained adieu to superjumbo A380 VIEW
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Congress OKs border deal; Trump will sign, declare emergency WATCH
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH