DAVENPORT, N.Y. (AP) — Officials say two young children have died and a man is hospitalized with burns after an apartment house fire in central New York.
The fire in the rural Delaware County town of Davenport was reported shortly before 2 a.m. Friday, and eight fire departments responded. The county department of emergency services says the four-unit house was fully engulfed in flames, with reports of two children trapped in an upstairs apartment.
Officials say the children were aged 1 and 3.
The victims have not been publicly identified. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sniffles? Cancer? Under Medicare plan, payments for office visits would be same for both
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- Man firing into Toronto cafes shoots 14 people, killing 2 WATCH
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- After a week of walkbacks, Trump returns to Russia doubting