DAVENPORT, N.Y. (AP) — Officials say two young children have died and a man is hospitalized with burns after an apartment house fire in central New York.
The fire in the rural Delaware County town of Davenport was reported shortly before 2 a.m. Friday, and eight fire departments responded. The county department of emergency services says the four-unit house was fully engulfed in flames, with reports of two children trapped in an upstairs apartment.
Officials say the children were aged 1 and 3.
The victims have not been publicly identified. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Several powerful earthquakes strike off the shore of Canada
- Leaked video shows Khashoggi 'body double' after killing VIEW
- Police say former boyfriend fatally shot Utah athlete from Pullman before killing himself
- Trump administration eyes defining transgender out of existence
- Judge: Michael Avenatti must pay $4.85M in ex-lawyer's suit