SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Northern Utah family is without Christmas presents after a fire ravaged their home, causing up to $150,000 in damage.
The Deseret News reports that Smithfield firefighters went to the home on Saturday and put out flames in the basement. No one was injured in the fire.
Smithfield Fire Battalion Chief Brandt Pritcher says almost every room in the house has significant smoke damage, including where the family’s Christmas presents were being stored.
Brandt estimated the total cost of damage was between $100,000 and $150,000.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 panel calls surprise hearing to present new evidence
- Ocasio-Cortez wants 2 justices impeached for ‘lying under oath’
- Justices side with doctors convicted in pain pill schemes
- GOP lawmaker calls Roe ruling 'victory for white life' as Trump rally cheers
- Family dog dies protecting kids from mountain lion in Colorado
The cause of the fire was not immediately known.
He said firefighters found no smoke detectors in the house.
Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com