WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina hospital system has signed an agreement to take over another hospital in the area.
Local media report Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem has signed an agreement to acquire High Point Regional Health System from UNC Health Care of Chapel Hill.
The hospitals said Wednesday that Wake Forest Baptist expects to complete the process next summer.
The hospitals said the agreement will improve care for many patients in the Triad area.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
- People are having COVID parties to spread the virus. That's 'Russian roulette,' doctors warn
Financial details were not released.
UNC Health Care’s decision on the High Point hospital comes about two months after UNC said it would join Carolinas HealthCare System of Charlotte. That move would create one of the nation’s largest health care systems.
Wake Fore Baptist is also affiliated with Davie, Lexington and Wilkes medical centers.