LOS ANGELES (AP) — A hospital spokeswoman says a Los Angeles father who police believe stabbed his young sons to death before turning the blade on himself is expected to survive his wounds.
Rosa Saca, a spokeswoman for LAC+USC Medical Center, says Luis Fuentes is in stable, non-critical condition.
Los Angeles Police say he will be arrested once doctors give them the go-ahead.
It’s unclear if Fuentes has an attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Barr told prosecutors to consider sedition charges for protest violence, asked about charging Seattle mayor
- Hawaii to allow travelers to skip quarantine with virus test
- You don't need to wipe down everything to protect yourself from the coronavirus
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Smoke gets in your eyes: Tips to ease irritation
Meanwhile, the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office identified Fuentes’ three children as 8-year-old Alexander Fuentes, 9-year-old Juan Fuentes and 10-year-old Luis Fuentes.
A furniture store owner found the boys’ bodies in the back of an SUV early Wednesday morning. Their father was in the front seat bleeding from stab wounds to his chest. A knife was in the passenger seat.