STRASBURG, Pa. (AP) — The 85-year old driver of a horse-drawn buggy has died after colliding with a pickup truck on a Pennsylvania roadway.
State police said Elam King died in the Friday morning crash in Lancaster County, about 65 miles (105 kilometers) west of Philadelphia.
Police say the horse and buggy pulled onto Strasburg Pike from a driveway, directly into the path of a Volkswagen Rabbit truck.
Police say the driver of the truck couldn’t stop and hit the buggy on the driver’s side, killing King.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- A child abductee's journey back
- Author Salman Rushdie attacked on lecture stage in New York
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
LNP newspaper says the horse ran from the scene and was found by police.