HONOLULU (AP) — Honolulu City Councilman Ernie Martin plans to run in the Democratic primary next year for the congressional seat representing urban Honolulu.
The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reports Martin has served on the Honolulu City Council for seven years, and is required by city term limits to step down next year.
The 1st Congressional District seat representing urban Honolulu is being vacated by Congresswoman Colleen Hanabusa, who announced earlier this year she plans to run for governor in 2018.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. buries digital land mines to menace Russia’s power grid
- Massive blackout hits tens of millions in South America VIEW
- Severed head of prehistoric wolf found in Siberia, perfectly preserved
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.
- Court's conservatives overturn precedent; liberals ask 'which cases the court will overrule next'
Information from: Honolulu Star-Advertiser, http://www.staradvertiser.com