HONOLULU (AP) — Honolulu City Councilman Ernie Martin plans to run in the Democratic primary next year for the congressional seat representing urban Honolulu.
The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reports Martin has served on the Honolulu City Council for seven years, and is required by city term limits to step down next year.
The 1st Congressional District seat representing urban Honolulu is being vacated by Congresswoman Colleen Hanabusa, who announced earlier this year she plans to run for governor in 2018.
Most Read Stories
- ‘Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying’ in Seattle’s Greenwood area – well, not quite
- Within minutes of each other, state Senate and House agree to shield many of their records from the public
- Meteorologists expect up to an inch of snow Friday in Seattle as cold-weather records fall
- Former Huskies star Markelle Fultz received $10K from sports agent before arriving at UW, report says
- Report: Washington state home to one of the largest cells of notorious white supremacist group
Information from: Honolulu Star-Advertiser, http://www.staradvertiser.com