HONOLULU (AP) — Honolulu City Councilman Ernie Martin plans to run in the Democratic primary next year for the congressional seat representing urban Honolulu.
The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reports Martin has served on the Honolulu City Council for seven years, and is required by city term limits to step down next year.
The 1st Congressional District seat representing urban Honolulu is being vacated by Congresswoman Colleen Hanabusa, who announced earlier this year she plans to run for governor in 2018.
Most Read Stories
- 2 police officers shot, suspect killed in Bremerton
- Violations prompt Washington state to cancel Atlantic salmon farm lease at Port Angeles WATCH
- Earl Thomas says maybe injured Bobby Wagner shouldn't have played; Wagner says to 'keep my name out yo mouth'
- Analysis: Three thoughts on the Rams' dethroning of the Seahawks in 42-7 blowout WATCH
- Four-star linebacker Brandon Kaho picks Washington over Alabama, BYU
Information from: Honolulu Star-Advertiser, http://www.staradvertiser.com