HONOLULU (AP) — Honolulu City Councilman Ernie Martin plans to run in the Democratic primary next year for the congressional seat representing urban Honolulu.
The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reports Martin has served on the Honolulu City Council for seven years, and is required by city term limits to step down next year.
The 1st Congressional District seat representing urban Honolulu is being vacated by Congresswoman Colleen Hanabusa, who announced earlier this year she plans to run for governor in 2018.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Scary statistic: 90.5 percent of plastic is not recycled
- Judge delays Flynn sentencing, 'not hiding disgust' at crime WATCH
- 'Laverne & Shirley' star, 'Big' director Penny Marshall dies VIEW
- A Paradise fire cleanup crew joked about ruins and a charred cat. Then the town found out.
- Trump administration moves to ban bump stocks
Information from: Honolulu Star-Advertiser, http://www.staradvertiser.com