TULSA, Okla. (AP) — Police in Tulsa say the discovery of a man’s badly beaten body is being investigated as a homicide.
Tulsa Police Cpl. Scott Anderson says the body of the man was discovered about 7:30 a.m. Saturday after a second man flagged down an off-duty Tulsa police officer and reported that an acquaintance had been injured.
Anderson says the officer found the homeless man’s body among some tree limbs on a highway embankment. The man had been beaten in the head and face.
Tulsa Police Sgt. Dave Walker says it appeared the man had been bludgeoned prior to his death. The item used in the bludgeoning was not immediately found.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- When she named her breakfast cafe Woke, a conservative backlash followed
- A bear in Colorado took 400 selfies. Fashion pros say they're a star
- Priscilla Presley files petition questioning validity of Lisa Marie Presley’s will
- George Santos scandal consumes Congress, chafes lawmakers on both sides of aisle
Police have not identified the deceased man. The man who reported the incident was detained for questioning.