LOS ANGELES (AP) — Police say a homeless man has been arrested in the random beating of an 86-year-old woman in Los Angeles.
Detective Hee Bae Cho said Wednesday that Richard Colomo was arrested on suspicion of felony battery on an elderly person.
Cho, the case’s lead investigator, said the 41-year-old was arrested Tuesday afternoon and did not know the victim. Detectives are trying to determine a motive for the crime. The name of his lawyer was not immediately available.
The attack happened Saturday afternoon, about a block from a police station in the Koreatown neighborhood.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Turkey: 'Atrocious' recording suggests killer used drugs VIEW
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- A reader's guide to 12 Trump administration targets House Democrats are preparing to investigate
- Utility emailed Northern California woman about power-line problems 1 day before fire
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
The victim, Mi Reum (mee ruhm) Song, was walking down the street when a man punched her in the face, causing her to fall and slam her head on the pavement.
Police said Song is expected to recover.