AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — The Maine Association of Realtors says home values in the state were up more than 5 percent in January.
The association says sales of existing single-family homes increased by less than a percentage point from January 2017 to January of this year, but value tracked upward. The median sales price was $200,000.
The association says inventory was also down 17 percent this January compared to January 2017.
Nationwide sales fell 4.8 percent from January to January, while values climbed by 5.7 percent. Northeast sales also declined 7.6 percent while values climbed 6.8 percent.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- Deer could be a reservoir of old coronavirus variants, study suggests
- Goodbye passport stamps, hello biometrics: Customs is getting faster
- Rep. George Santos is stepping down from committees amid fabrications about his biography
- Video shows mysterious whirlpool spiral flying over Hawaii night sky