ST. LOUIS (AP) — St. Louis police and the FBI have raided a home on the city’s south side — the same home where a man was fatally shot by officers while serving a warrant in June.
Police say the latest raid on Tuesday was part of a robbery investigation and two men were arrested, with stolen property and several guns recovered.
Residents told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that police kicked in the front door about 5 a.m. and threw a “flash-bang” device into a bedroom where children were sleeping. The children were unhurt.
The home is the same one where SWAT officers fatally shot 21-year-old Isaiah Hammett on June 7. Hammett was suspected of involvement in the sale of illegal guns and drugs. Police say Hammett shot at officers, who returned fire.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- As risk of nuclear war grows, study warns even a limited exchange would doom billions