PALM SPRINGS, Calif. (AP) — A home once owned by billionaire Howard Hughes has sold for $1.35 million.
KNTV-TV reports the three-bedroom home located along a secluded desert road in Palm Springs, California, retains the style of the 1950s. It features a lagoon-shaped pool, and comedian Bob Hope was once a neighbor.
The identity of the buyer was not immediately released.
Hughes, who was an aviation tycoon and film mogul, lived in hotels during the final years of his life. He was 70 years old when he died in 1976.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Information from: KNTV-TV.