PALM SPRINGS, Calif. (AP) — A home once owned by billionaire Howard Hughes has sold for $1.35 million.
KNTV-TV reports the three-bedroom home located along a secluded desert road in Palm Springs, California, retains the style of the 1950s. It features a lagoon-shaped pool, and comedian Bob Hope was once a neighbor.
The identity of the buyer was not immediately released.
Hughes, who was an aviation tycoon and film mogul, lived in hotels during the final years of his life. He was 70 years old when he died in 1976.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Leave the US, Trump tells liberal congresswomen of color
- Trump moves to effectively end asylum at southern border
- Trump digs in against Dem congresswomen; they're firing back VIEW
- Watch Coast Guardsman leap onto moving submarine that was carrying more than 17,000 pounds of cocaine in Pacific
- A healthy lifestyle may offset genetic risk for Alzheimer's
Information from: KNTV-TV.