CHURCHILL, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a shooting that killed a man and critically wounded a woman in a home near Pittsburgh appears to have been “a home-invasion type of attack.”
Police in Churchill, outside of Pittsburgh, responded following a report of shots fired shortly before 5 p.m. Saturday.
Officers found a 67-year-old man with multiple gunshot wounds and a 52-year-old woman who had been shot at least once. The man died at the scene. The woman was taken to a hospital in critical condition.
Allegheny County homicide detectives said they believe the shooting was the result of a home invasion type of attack but the motive remains unclear.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Texas thrusts itself into the center of battles over personal freedom, starting with abortion and sodomy
- After a Black man is killed by police, a city cancels its July 4 celebration
- University defends Justice Thomas' teaching position amid calls for removal
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
No arrests were immediately announced. Police are asking anyone who saw or heard anything to call investigators.