HOLTON, Kan. (AP) — A Holton man has been sentenced to nearly 10 years in prison for killing his wife.
Jackson County authorities say 67-year-old George Fleshman Jr. was sentenced Friday to 9 years and 9 months for second-degree murder.
He was found guilty last month of killing his wife of 25 years, Elizabeth Jane Fleshman, in October 2015.
She died the day after her husband called 911 and said he found her unresponsive at the couple’s home. She was taken to a Topeka hospital where she later died.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding