GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) — Hillary Clinton will appear in Grand Rapids for an event honoring former first lady Betty Ford, who would have turned 100 this year.
Clinton will appear with Lynda Bird Johnson Robb, the daughter of President Lyndon Johnson, on April 11 at Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park. They’ll participate in a public discussion moderated by journalist Andrea Mitchell.
Susan Ford Bales, the daughter of Betty and Gerald Ford, describes Clinton, Robb and Mitchell as three “strong women.” She says her family is pleased to have them celebrate her mother’s centennial.
Gerald Ford represented Grand Rapids in Congress before becoming vice president and president.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What we know about the Covenant school shooting in Nashville WATCH
- Japanese student goes to graduation dressed like Zelenskyy
- Police: Nashville shooter fired indiscriminately at victims WATCH
- Survivor of Highland Park gunfire crashes Nashville shooting news conference
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
Tickets for the event, titled “America’s First Ladies: An Enduring Legacy,” will go on sale March 5. More information is available by calling (616) 254-0393.