COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — A hiker has found a human skull on a trail near Pikes Peak, not far from the spot where a Colorado Springs woman was last seen.
KOAA-TV reports the skull was found Friday near the Catamount Trail in Teller County west of Colorado Springs. Crews conducted a meticulous search at the site on Saturday.
The station reports Micah Lambert was last seen in that area in mid-September.
The remains have been turned over to the Teller County coroner.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As probe closes in, Trump distances himself from Cohen
- Some link depression, failed LASIK
- 'Nobody should work here — ever': Teen uses intercom to quit Walmart
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Amazon executives grilled, jeered at New York City Council hearing
Sheriff’s commander Greg Couch says the remains could be identified this week.
The Colorado Bureau of Investigation is assisting the sheriff’s department.
Information from: KOAA-TV, http://www.koaa.com