COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — A hiker has found a human skull on a trail near Pikes Peak, not far from the spot where a Colorado Springs woman was last seen.
KOAA-TV reports the skull was found Friday near the Catamount Trail in Teller County west of Colorado Springs. Crews conducted a meticulous search at the site on Saturday.
The station reports Micah Lambert was last seen in that area in mid-September.
The remains have been turned over to the Teller County coroner.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump campaign selling email and phone lists for millions of supporters
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Sen. Warren: DNA test shows I have Native American heritage
- Alec Baldwin urges 'overthrow' of Trump government via voting
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting child in spring
Sheriff’s commander Greg Couch says the remains could be identified this week.
The Colorado Bureau of Investigation is assisting the sheriff’s department.
Information from: KOAA-TV, http://www.koaa.com