COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — A hiker has found a human skull on a trail near Pikes Peak, not far from the spot where a Colorado Springs woman was last seen.
KOAA-TV reports the skull was found Friday near the Catamount Trail in Teller County west of Colorado Springs. Crews conducted a meticulous search at the site on Saturday.
The station reports Micah Lambert was last seen in that area in mid-September.
The remains have been turned over to the Teller County coroner.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
Sheriff’s commander Greg Couch says the remains could be identified this week.
The Colorado Bureau of Investigation is assisting the sheriff’s department.
Information from: KOAA-TV, http://www.koaa.com