SELMA, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say a hiker has found the remains of a body on a trail in southwest Oregon.
Oregon State Police say the hiker made the discovery Monday on a trail about 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) from Selma.
Police say the medical examiner will try to determine the identity and circumstances surrounding the death.
Investigators believe the remains are those of a man.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events