BRIDAL VEIL, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say a 64-year-old man fell from a trail while hiking and died in the Columbia River Gorge.
Media outlets report that authorities were called Tuesday afternoon to help a man who had been hiking with family members when he fell along the Bridal Veil Trail.
The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office says people nearby had started CPR before medics arrived but that the man died at the scene.
The sheriff’s office says the man fell about 50 feet.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man known for duping sexual predators online killed in confrontation
- Bedbugs torment Paris ahead of 2024 Olympics: 'No one is safe'
- Two people killed by grizzly bear at Banff National Park in Canada
- Chicagoan sets record for oldest skydiver at 104 years old: ‘Age is just a number’
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
His name wasn’t released.