BRIDAL VEIL, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say a 64-year-old man fell from a trail while hiking and died in the Columbia River Gorge.
Media outlets report that authorities were called Tuesday afternoon to help a man who had been hiking with family members when he fell along the Bridal Veil Trail.
The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office says people nearby had started CPR before medics arrived but that the man died at the scene.
The sheriff’s office says the man fell about 50 feet.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
His name wasn’t released.