BRIDAL VEIL, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say a 64-year-old man fell from a trail while hiking and died in the Columbia River Gorge.
Media outlets report that authorities were called Tuesday afternoon to help a man who had been hiking with family members when he fell along the Bridal Veil Trail.
The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office says people nearby had started CPR before medics arrived but that the man died at the scene.
The sheriff’s office says the man fell about 50 feet.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- 9 brains, 3 hearts: Some wild facts about octopuses
- Trump wants to deliver State of Union next week as planned VIEW
- Trump says he directed Sarah Sanders 'not to bother' with White House news briefings
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
His name wasn’t released.