LAS VEGAS (AP) — A hiker was killed after falling 100 feet at Red Rock Canyon in Las Vegas.
The Clark County Coroner’s Office identified the hiker as 25-year-old Brian William Tracy, of Spokane, Washington.
Authorities say Tracy was climbing inside Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area around 11:30 a.m. Saturday when he fell.
They say he was with other hikers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How could police have mistaken a gun for a Taser in Daunte Wright's death?
- Americans may be able to travel to Europe again this summer. Their hosts may not be vaccinated.
- Walgreens not following U.S. guidance on Pfizer vaccine spacing
- Essential, invisible: COVID has 200,000 merchant sailors stuck at sea
- Cop, police chief resign 2 days after Black motorist's death
According to Las Vegas police, Tracy fell in a gully and search and rescue team had to help recover his body.
The coroner’s office has not released a cause of death.
Red Rock Canyon is about 17 miles west of the Las Vegas Strip.
The U.S. Bureau of Land Management estimates more than 2 million visitors go there each year.