LAS VEGAS (AP) — A hiker was killed after falling 100 feet at Red Rock Canyon in Las Vegas.
The Clark County Coroner’s Office identified the hiker as 25-year-old Brian William Tracy, of Spokane, Washington.
Authorities say Tracy was climbing inside Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area around 11:30 a.m. Saturday when he fell.
They say he was with other hikers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Largest US quake in half-century causes Alaska little damage
- Another coronavirus variant has reached Florida. Here's what you need to know.
- 'The war has changed': Internal CDC document urges new messaging, warns delta infections likely more severe
- MacKenzie Scott, French Gates join to award $40M for gender equality efforts in U.S.
According to Las Vegas police, Tracy fell in a gully and search and rescue team had to help recover his body.
The coroner’s office has not released a cause of death.
Red Rock Canyon is about 17 miles west of the Las Vegas Strip.
The U.S. Bureau of Land Management estimates more than 2 million visitors go there each year.