LAS VEGAS (AP) — A hiker was killed after falling 100 feet at Red Rock Canyon in Las Vegas.
The Clark County Coroner’s Office identified the hiker as 25-year-old Brian William Tracy, of Spokane, Washington.
Authorities say Tracy was climbing inside Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area around 11:30 a.m. Saturday when he fell.
They say he was with other hikers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As thousands of athletes get coronavirus tests, nurses wonder: What about us?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- You should probably replace some of your fabric face masks
- Trump says he will leave if electoral college votes for Biden
- A Trump-boosting sheriff earned White House visits. Now she's charged with theft.
According to Las Vegas police, Tracy fell in a gully and search and rescue team had to help recover his body.
The coroner’s office has not released a cause of death.
Red Rock Canyon is about 17 miles west of the Las Vegas Strip.
The U.S. Bureau of Land Management estimates more than 2 million visitors go there each year.