LAS VEGAS (AP) — A hiker has died after falling at Red Rock Canyon National Conservation area.
Las Vegas police say rescue teams were called to the Red Rock sandstone quarry shortly before 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
A bystander tried to administer CPR but the hiker was pronounced dead at the scene.
An overlook at the canyon has been closed so crews can recover the hiker’s body.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- Americans, Canadians are warned not to eat romaine lettuce VIEW
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
No other information has been released.