LAS VEGAS (AP) — A hiker has died after falling at Red Rock Canyon National Conservation area.
Las Vegas police say rescue teams were called to the Red Rock sandstone quarry shortly before 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
A bystander tried to administer CPR but the hiker was pronounced dead at the scene.
An overlook at the canyon has been closed so crews can recover the hiker’s body.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police fatally shoot man near Ravenna Park
- Drinking alcohol key to living past 90, study says
- Seattle arboretum loop trail opens up new vistas, opportunities VIEW
- Northeast Seattle street project stirs cars-vs.-bikes debate
- With work permits in limbo, spouses of H-1B visa holders worry they’ll lose jobs
No other information has been released.