LAS VEGAS (AP) — A hiker has died after falling at Red Rock Canyon National Conservation area.
Las Vegas police say rescue teams were called to the Red Rock sandstone quarry shortly before 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
A bystander tried to administer CPR but the hiker was pronounced dead at the scene.
An overlook at the canyon has been closed so crews can recover the hiker’s body.
Most Read Stories
- Amazon’s Seattle hiring frenzy slows sharply; what’s going on?
- Who knew a story about Tom the Costco doorman could restore one’s faith in humanity? | Nicole Brodeur
- Swedish Health nurses and caregivers vote no confidence in leadership
- Asked & Answered: What happened to Tom the Guessing Doorman at Costco?
- Seahawks make a few roster moves, and referee for Sunday's critical game against Rams announced
No other information has been released.