OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says three people have died in a pair of separate car crashes.
Troopers are still investigating what caused the wreck that killed 20-year-old Altus resident Dewayne Eric Skaggs late Friday south of Roosevelt in Kiowa County. Skaggs was pronounced dead at the scene from his injuries. A 17-year-old unidentified passenger was uninjured.
Earlier Friday evening, two people were killed in Okfuskee County near Weleetka. The patrol says 39-year-old Cindy Norton and 37-year-old Eric Norton, both from Dustin, were killed.
Troopers say Cindy Norton’s vehicle was disabled on State Highway 84 and being pushed by three people.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump ally Roger Stone sentenced to over 3 years in prison VIEW
- Fact-checking the Las Vegas Democratic debate
- A small bookstore pondered its future after a day without a sale. After a tweet, it became overwhelmed with orders.
- The most expensive home in L.A. cost Jeff Bezos only 0.13% of his net worth
- 'Mr. Bob,' 88-year-old crossing guard, saves two children's lives before sacrificing his own
A second vehicle tried to swerve to avoid the disabled vehicle, but struck Eric Norton and Cindy Norton’s vehicle, pinning her in the wreckage for about 90 minutes.