OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says three people have died in a pair of separate car crashes.
Troopers are still investigating what caused the wreck that killed 20-year-old Altus resident Dewayne Eric Skaggs late Friday south of Roosevelt in Kiowa County. Skaggs was pronounced dead at the scene from his injuries. A 17-year-old unidentified passenger was uninjured.
Earlier Friday evening, two people were killed in Okfuskee County near Weleetka. The patrol says 39-year-old Cindy Norton and 37-year-old Eric Norton, both from Dustin, were killed.
Troopers say Cindy Norton’s vehicle was disabled on State Highway 84 and being pushed by three people.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
A second vehicle tried to swerve to avoid the disabled vehicle, but struck Eric Norton and Cindy Norton’s vehicle, pinning her in the wreckage for about 90 minutes.