OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says three people have died in a pair of separate car crashes.
Troopers are still investigating what caused the wreck that killed 20-year-old Altus resident Dewayne Eric Skaggs late Friday south of Roosevelt in Kiowa County. Skaggs was pronounced dead at the scene from his injuries. A 17-year-old unidentified passenger was uninjured.
Earlier Friday evening, two people were killed in Okfuskee County near Weleetka. The patrol says 39-year-old Cindy Norton and 37-year-old Eric Norton, both from Dustin, were killed.
Troopers say Cindy Norton’s vehicle was disabled on State Highway 84 and being pushed by three people.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I'm having a bad dream': Air Canada reviews how crew left passenger on parked plane
- Trump sanctions Iran's supreme leader in provocative move
- At Costco food-sample line, gunfire, death and unanswered questions
- 30 tents abandoned by climbers add to trash pile on Everest VIEW
- France put on hot weather alert as heatwave reaches Europe VIEW
A second vehicle tried to swerve to avoid the disabled vehicle, but struck Eric Norton and Cindy Norton’s vehicle, pinning her in the wreckage for about 90 minutes.