ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities in western New York say a teacher has died in a hit-and-run crash near the University of Rochester.
Rochester police say the crash happened around 6 a.m. Thursday.
Police say 38-year-old Jill Skivington Jackett, of Rochester, was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital after she was struck by a car while jogging. She later died from her injuries.
According to a statement from Wheatland-Chili schools, Skivington Jackett was an English teacher at Wheatland-Chili High School. She also coached cross-country and directed school musicals.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Trump executive nears plea deal with Manhattan prosecutors
Counselors will be available for students and staff Friday.
No arrests have been made. Police continue to investigate.