DANBURY, Conn. (AP) — Fire officials are calling an attentive Connecticut man a hero for helping save his neighbors from a house fire.
First responders were called to the scene of the fire in Danbury at 11:30 a.m. Sunday. The Danbury Fire Department says Anthony Petrella rushed to home as the fire broke out and helped the residents and their dog escape.
Crews were able to get the fire under control minutes after responding.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19