LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Los Angeles herbalist who touted natural cures has pleaded not guilty in the death of a 13-year-old diabetic boy he allegedly treated with herbal oils instead of insulin.
City News Service says 83-year-old Timothy Morrow entered pleas Tuesday to misdemeanor charges of practicing medicine without a license and child abuse causing a death.
Morrow began treating the boy in 2014 after his mother attended Morrow’s seminars.
Prosecutors claim Morrow told the parents to use herbal oils instead of insulin after the boy became semi-comatose. He died the next day.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI seized top secret documents in Trump estate search
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Morrow could face up to two years in jail if convicted.