LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Los Angeles herbalist who touted natural cures has pleaded not guilty in the death of a 13-year-old diabetic boy he allegedly treated with herbal oils instead of insulin.
City News Service says 83-year-old Timothy Morrow entered pleas Tuesday to misdemeanor charges of practicing medicine without a license and child abuse causing a death.
Morrow began treating the boy in 2014 after his mother attended Morrow’s seminars.
Prosecutors claim Morrow told the parents to use herbal oils instead of insulin after the boy became semi-comatose. He died the next day.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Todd Bol, founder of Little Free Library book sharing, dies
- As NASA's prized telescopes falter, astronomers fear losing their eyes in space
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
Morrow could face up to two years in jail if convicted.