LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Los Angeles herbalist who touted natural cures has pleaded not guilty in the death of a 13-year-old diabetic boy he allegedly treated with herbal oils instead of insulin.
City News Service says 83-year-old Timothy Morrow entered pleas Tuesday to misdemeanor charges of practicing medicine without a license and child abuse causing a death.
Morrow began treating the boy in 2014 after his mother attended Morrow’s seminars.
Prosecutors claim Morrow told the parents to use herbal oils instead of insulin after the boy became semi-comatose. He died the next day.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Need a transplant? First you'll need to prove you can afford it
- Trump blames lawyer Michael Cohen for hush money 'liability'
Morrow could face up to two years in jail if convicted.